Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Zzzzz....Zzzzzz....

Today I am tired.

I am tired of my alarm clock, which tells me the date/weather/time like my grandfathers old clock growing up. Especially because it CONTINUES to not tell me the time in Fahrenheit so I really do not know the temperature at all.

I have found a new source of practice inspiration from two places.
1) Having a smaller viola

This makes a HUGE difference in my practicing, because I can actually focus on the music/sound/interpretation instead of trying to reach around and maintain somewhat of a hand frame. That is so incredibly distracting and frustrating; I can't make music when I am completely uncomfortable.

[Side note] OH NO, this man just came up to my window at work that likes to give me complaints..... it is too early for this. Even though it is almost 2pm.

2) The Olympics

Although it isn't a music competition, reading about the lives of the athletes in the Olympics is incredibly inspiring. Their work ethic is ridiculous, and just reading about the schedules they endure every day makes me feel so lazy. In particular the gymnasts, they are so dedicated and I find that so motivating to work and maximize my talents.

Also to diet.

I want to go to IKEA, I think I am newly addicted to that store. I love this dresser there...


This is also SUPER adorable, for towels or books!


I think I am in love

Also in love with these pictures of Kate Moss in Haute Couture at the Ritz Paris.









No comments: